The new proposals could result in more than £250m of public and private sector investment, around £200m in annual Gross Value Added (GVA) and would create more than 3,000 jobs.
The new indicative proposals outline a scheme that could include:
- around 840,000 sq ft for general employment uses, such as logistics, warehousing and light industrial units.
- around 600,000 sq ft for logistics or other non-retail use,
- around 260,000 sq ft of mixed commercial use such as food retail, hotel and car sales showroom
- around 130,000 sq ft for business and industrial hybrid units
- up to 210 new homes.
The proposals also include significant investment for improvements in the surrounding infrastructure, which will enhance traffic flow by adding extra capacity at five key junctions.
The indicative timescales for ongoing development of this site include:
- 2019: Funding and Legal Agreements in place
- 2019: Design work for on and off-site highways and infrastructure improvements
- 2020: Start of work on the M65 terminus and slipway improvements
- 2021: Completion of improvements on the M65 terminus and new slip road
- 2021: First occupiers on site
These timings are indicative only and are likely to change subject to planning permission, commercial and other factors as planning progresses