The Cuerden Strategic Site has been earmarked as a major new employment site for many years, but has never come forward. We now believe we have a demand led proposal, which will create a new regional destination where people can work, live and shop.
In order to secure long-term significant economic benefits and new jobs for the area, the Cuerden site requires major investment in infrastructure.
A masterplan for the site, adopted by South Ribble Borough Council in 2015, sets out that ‘high value’ uses, such as residential, mixed use (e.g. a hotel, foodstore, restaurants) and retail development will be permitted if they help to pay for the roads and other infrastructure needed to open up and service the site.
Lancashire County Council and their partners Eric Wright Group, in association with Brookhouse Group, have submitted a hybrid planning application for a vibrant high quality mixed use development for the site.
Our proposal will deliver a vibrant high quality development totalling over 200,000 sq m of floor space, which will provide:
- Over 4,500 new jobs in a variety of sectors, with opportunities in office, retail, manufacturing, logistics, catering and hospitality
- New local employment space, for offices, manufacturing and industrial occupiers
- Up to 210 new homes in a highly desirable location, set in a natural landscape and adjacent to existing houses
- Mixed use development to include a hotel with gym, crèche/nursery, a foodstore, car showrooms, family pub and restaurants
- A new IKEA alongside five large format units for other well-known national retailers
- New pedestrian, cycling and jogging paths linking the site to existing and proposed parks in the area
- Publicly accessible green open space and woodland walks
Updated development map
have your say
0800 089 0362